Friday, October 2, 2009

Who is the Accidental Shutterbug?

I love taking pictures.  There is something about capturing a moment perfectly that is so appealing to me.  I try not to spend too much time taking pictures, however, because I believe in living in a moment just as much as I love to capture it for posterity.

I love to go hiking with my family.  Living in North Florida, there are few bearable days during the year  which hiking can truly be enjoyed.  However, if you are willing to confront the oppressive humidity and heat of the summer, there are things to be seen that are both awe-inspiring and frightening at the same time. 

I love to take pictures in the woods.  I like to snap photos of all living things, big and small.  I take pictures of mammals, amphibians, insects, reptiles, birds, trees, fungi, flowers...well, you get the idea.

The best thing is to to take my camera to a brand new place.  My goal is to travel to a new place each year, and take as many photos as I can to remember it by.  And I like to remember things.  I am a picture pack rat. 

So, I am an accidental shutterbug by sheer virtue of nosiness and nostalgia.  And I like beautiful images.  I am BY NO MEANS a pro, and don't profess to be.  But, sometimes, I think I have a good eye, and it once in a while translates into a memorable shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment